Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap year day!

I don't really have much to write at the moment, but since this is a once in a four year opportunity, I thought I should post.

Things are going well at work, which is always a plus. I planned and officiated my first funeral service for my employer, and it went well. This weekend I'm going back to Orlando to finish the condo and sell the little bugger. After that, its time to buy a boat! Currently looking at either a 35' Wildcat Catamaran (21' beam, can't beat that) or a Gemini 105m, a touch shorter and a lot narrower. The foremost is much more spacious, though a little more expensive (but very doable). The latter is a little cheaper (which is always nice) and has a much shallower draft with the board up: so we can slip into all sorts of waters not accessible buy other craft (a mere 18" is all thats needed). The Wildcat I think is my fav at the moment. Can't wait.

My manuscript is being farmed out now for readers, which is really exciting. I put my query letter up on evil editor as well (#486 - Death and Taxes) earlier this month. It got a lot of favorable comments, so I think that part will do its job - getting agents / editors to sit down and give a few pages a read.

That's about it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home