Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Oof. Back on to Godly comments now

TKO almost on my end. Got whacked for 2 days with something really nasty. Going back to work tomorrow, a little weak still, but I need to get back since they don't pay me to sit around at home. Well they would if I had some sick days left. But I digress

Another little thing that started out as a joke, but I wonder if there might be a nugget of truth to it. I was saying to a coworker a while back that I bet that God has some awesome stand up (comedy). And being omnipotent, omnipresent, omni-everything, that naturally extends into humor. So when things are all said and done, and perfection is restored and "heaven" is around, I wonder if God would do some stand up acts. Being divine, He'd a) always have fresh material and b) all the jokes would be classic and well delivered. What more could you want?

2 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger SocietyVs said...

Now that's quite the thought - but I imagine God must have a sense of humor - and it must rival ours and be all that much better - since wit is based on knowledge. Can we take being ribbed by God?

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger DD3123 said...

As long as it was funny, sure. But since the ribbing would be from God, how could it not be?

There's a Far Side that sort of prompted this line of thinking for me. The panel is divided into quadrants, and each subpanel has like a little stage act that God is doing: Juggling, being fired out of a cannon, I think dancing, and I can't remember the last one. Anyway, at the bottom the caption reads "The many acts of God"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home