Thursday, July 05, 2007

People need to stfu

And learn not to butt in. That's just my preface to this rant. Yeah its nothing terribly insightful, funny, or related to any recent theological discourse as of late. But I'm going to rant anyway.

I've been slowly pressure cooking for oh, I dunno, 4-5 years maybe? Something like that, probably even more if I take a look at the really big picture. Had a brief "burp" back in October, and finally blew my top Mt. Helen style in January.

Ever see Lawnmower man? At the end of it, the virtual guy is "trapped" in the intraweb of the company, trying to hack his way out, trying all the virtual "doors" that lead to phone lines. There are thousands and each one comes back locked, and the timer is ticking, ticking ticking. Not a bad thing, except for the fact that once the timer hits 0, the building is going to blow up, and of course, vaporize him too.

That's sorta where I am. Door, door, door, door, locked, locked, locked. Finally found a door that might work (or two / three) and they got shutdown by some asshats who well - I'll just leave it at that.

So I'm left with fewer doors, scrambling along.

On a board I saw a thread about "Would you change 1 personal event if you could?"

Yep. A few actually. One relatively recent one. But I haven't found a place that rents time machines.

In the mean time, people really should not fiddle in everything, especially when they aren't welcome.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger SocietyVs said...

"people really should not fiddle in everything, especially when they aren't welcome."

The bain of your existence...somewhat? I feel the same way about people that offer advice that is just useless - and they offer it quite often. But I think some discussion and talking about problems helps also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home