Sunday, August 06, 2006

Verbatim

I'm suppose to write up last Thursday as a verbatim - which for those less inclined to know all the ins and outs of CPE life, its basically a written transcript of who said what, where they were, what they did, etc. from the start of an interaction with a pt to the very end of the encounter. Names are changed of course to keep things anon. (expect for the chaplain of course) and everything that you can remember is to be put down so others can read it, learn from it, and if one is lucky enough, torn to pieces over (in a good way). I really shouldnt put it off much longer, other wise I'm sure I'll miss a few key exchanges, but I doubt it. I think the meat of this encounter is not as much as what the pt said word for word, but what should have (and was) done.

I still think we ought to be allowed to carry K-bars. I would have found a nice place to stick it a few days ago. Hell, I wouldn't even have to actually use it. Just calmly walk up, pull it from its leather sheath and say "I know 57 ways to kill you with this the way you are standing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home